BIO Integration follows stringent peer review procedures for the submissions of suitable manuscripts. The journal will follow a double-blind peer-review process.
External reviewers may be chosen from the suggestions provided by the author; however other reviewers may also be appointed as deemed appropriate. The assigned Editorial Board Member reviewer can select at least two reviewers for a particular manuscript depending on the knowledge and experience of the specified reviewers.
A review report provides the Editors with feedback on the quality of the manuscript under consideration. It also supplies authors with explicit insight on how to improve their papers to make them suitable for publication in the journal. Although confidential comments to the editors are not relayed to authors, any remarks that may help improve the quality of the manuscript will be forwarded to the authors for their consideration. Reviewers are expected to provide advice on the following points in their review reports:
- Is the manuscript written comprehensively enough to be understandable? If not, how could it be improved?
- Have adequate proofs been provided for the declarations?
- Have the authors addressed the previous findings fairly?
- Does the paper offer enough details of its methodology to reproduce the experiments?
- The journal encourages authors to publish detailed protocols as supporting information online. Do any particular methods used in the manuscript warrant such as protocol?
The reviewers are expected to provide their reports in a timely fashion (within two weeks) since a prompt review leads to the timely publication of a manuscript which is beneficial not only for the authors but for the scientific community as well.
The reviewers submit their reports on the manuscripts along with their recommendation of one of the following actions to the assigned Editorial Board Member:
- Accept Submission
- Major/Minor Revisions Required
- Decline Submission
To become a reviewer
If you would like to be considered as a reviewer for BIO Integration please register here for ScholarOne, the journals online submission and peer review system. This process will automatically add your name, contact details and expertise to our database of reviewers.
BIO Integration is indexed in the OCLC, WorldCat, Primo Central (Ex Libris), Sherpa Romeo and Summon Databases.